Control what you EAT!

If you look through a lot of health and fitness blogs, they will tell you, if you are trying to lose weight, it's 20% fitness 80% diet! So it really matters what you are putting in your body! Even if you are lifting those weights and running all those miles, if you are eating JUNK, then you will get no where. Also, it's all about portion control. It's great if you choose to replace white rice with brown rice, or start eating more fruit. But, if you are eating TOO much of it, then you are probably going to be taking in more calories than you are burning, and you'll hit a plateau. The best way to get over this, is controlling the sizes of your meals.

This is something I found on Pinterest and I think this is GENIUS! So I decided to get something similar for my lunches.

I got my lunch organizer at Rite-Aid for less than $7.00. When i saw it, I knew this was something that would become very useful for me and my new diet plans! The way its set up, you can put 3 little "appetizers" or salad toppings and because each section is smaller, you don't have to worry about over eating!
It comes with a container you can put dressing in, and it won't spill!

So I decided to take this to work for my lunch. I decided to make a salad. I absolutely LOVE salads because there are so many options in what you can have in it! But beware, not all salads are healthy!
Regular romaine mix from Trader Joe's and some grape tomatoes peeking through!

Cucumbers, Chicken, and Carrot Sticks. With a touch of Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing


And it was delicious! Just the right amount I needed for a lunch. And if you feel that you get a little more hungrier after that meal, try having some yogurt, or maybe a few hours later, grab a granola bar to fuel your energy. It's important to not starve yourself at any point of the day, and try to eat small snacks through out your day to keep your metabolism up!

Try something new for lunch today, maybe skip out on that pizza? Or that hamburger? Try something refreshing! Keep checking back for more new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment