New Year, New Goals! Burpee Party!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

First off, I realize I haven't written a blog post in AGES. Wow. Yeah, I've definitely been putting this off. I've been working out here and there, but definitely not the focus I had in the summer. AND I know it's cliche, but now that we've begun a new year, thought I would start back and focus!! My goal is to lose another 10lb in the next 3-4 months, and I'll definitely be trying new work outs and new diets. I want to stick to eating healthy and drinking more water and staying active. I recently did a hiking trip to a trail near by and that was really fun! It's a great exercise because there are so many rocks you need to climb up, down, across etc. Definitely will be posting more pictures of those trails once I get into it!

So I went to the gym today, and realized, once I'm actually THERE, I'm so motivated!! It's seriously the getting TO the gym part that is the hardest. I was really in the mood to burn all that holiday junk out of my system so I decided to do a BURPEE work out!! So if you're in the mood for a quick BURPEE workout here's what I did today:

BURPEE Party!
What you need:
(2) 5lb weights
(1) 8-10lb weight
YOUR FABULOUS SELF!

1. Alternating lunges with 5lb weights in both hands (15 on each leg)
2. 10 BURPEES
3. Alternating lunges with 5lb weights in both hands (15 on each leg)
4. 10 BURPEES
5. Alternating lunges with 5lb weights in both hands (15 on each leg)
5. 10 BURPEES

take a breather, drink some water!
6. Wood chops with 8-10lb weight (Basically swinging the weight above your head to inbetween your legs)
7. 10 BURPEES
8. Wood chops with 8-10lb weight 
9. 10 BURPEES
10. Wood chops with 8-10lb weight 
11. 10 BURPEES!

Needless to say, I had a good sweat! I did some other weights and cardio a long with that, but I was definitely just getting back into the gym again. The holidays were SOOO hard to avoid being lazy and eating deliciously not-so-good-for-you food. So back to it I guess! I really want to stay focus this time... I've been distracted lately, but that's no excuse not to work hard. 

Thinking about maybe doing a soup 

No comments:

Post a Comment