I'm Back! & With a New Plan {Herbalife}

September 25, 2013

It has sure been a while since my last blog post! I definitely got off track for a while... Since my last post I have:
  • Tried out "Whole-Foods Plant Based" Diet. If you don't know what that is watch Forks Over Knives
  •  Got a new job at the Hyatt Regency Irvine :)
  •  Moved in with Nathan (my boyfriend) to Costa Mesa 
  • Got a dog! His name is Avo :) 

  •  Lost motivation for working out and eating healthy...
 So, I have decided to come back to blogging and have started a new lifestyle change!

HERBALIFE

Have you heard of it? Probably. I've known about it for a few years now, a few of my friends have been distributors/nutrition coaches and some have just tried it on their own, but I was always a little skeptical about it. Mostly, I just felt that it was really expensive! But a few weeks ago, I just felt like CRAP, my body felt heavy, I was always cranky, and I just could not put up with it any more! I knew I had to do something drastic about it. So I decided to get on this Herbalife grind!

Nathan's family friend John is a nutrition coach at Wellness Works in Costa Mesa so he started me up on the Quick Start program to get this Herbalife thing on the go. With everything from my QuickStart program plus the additional supplements I ordered, I was ready to go!

All my goodies! (Multivitamin not pictured)


To start my first month, I got:

  • (2) Canisters of Meal Replacement Shake (Each 30 Servings)
  • (1) Protein Mix (to add to my smoothies)
  • (1) Aloe Solution
  • (1) Multivitamin
  • (1) Cell Activator
  • (1) Herbal Tea Concentrate
One of my main concerns was the taste of the shakes, because I've had some Protein Shakes that tasted like BOOOOTY! BUT, much to my surprise, the shakes taste AMAZINNGG! No chalky taste at all! Each Shake has about 25g of Protein, and definitely fill you up since they are so thick and creamy! Since I mix it with the Protein Mix, all you need is Water, Ice, and a blender! Yum! The 2 flavors I have for this month are Vanilla & Cookies & Cream. I definitely want to try new flavors though! 

HEALTH NUMBERS

Another great thing about being part of the Wellness Works is that they have this really cool scale that takes all your health numbers! It made me a little sad seeing my numbers because I'm definitely not where I want to be:
BMI: 24.3
Weight: 132.8
Body Fat %: 29
Total Body Water %: 50.1
Muscle Mass: 90.2
Physique Rating: 5
BMR: 1334
DCI: 2198
Metabolic Age: 24
Bone Mass: 4.8
Visceral Fat: 2

But all this can do is make me more motivated to get to the numbers I want to be! Also, another great thing about starting out there was John gave me a coupon to try a FREE Smoothie, Tea, and Aloe Shot! So Nathan and I stopped by on Tuesday to get our free goodies. I tried the Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie, oh my gooodness! SO TASTY! Let me know if you want to stop by and get your free nomz! He said I can share the coupon with my friends :)

Go get your free drinks!

SCHEDULE

So it's been about a week since I started and it has so far been great! I've been doing a lot better about drinking 1/2 my body weight in fl oz. of water and eating every few hours. My schedule on most days goes as follows: 
  • 5:00AM- Wake Up
  • 5:15AM- Have my Shake, Tea, and Multivitamin and Cell Activator
  • 5:45AM-7:00AM- Work Out
  • 9:00AM- Work!
  • 11:00AM- Snack (Greek Yogurt)
  • 2:00PM- Lunch (Free Lunch at the Hyatt! woo! Usually a Salad with some Protein!) and Multivitamin
  • 4:00PM- 2nd Snack (Protein Bar)
  • 6:00PM- 2nd Shake with Multivitamin and Cell Activator
  • 9:30PM- Bed time!
Well, it's almost my bed time so I must sign off, but tune in for my next post on my weight lifting workout plan!

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment